AIIMS Rishikesh Staff Nurse Syllabus 2017:- The All India institute of Medical Sciences is going to conduct written examination for the post of staff nurse (Grade-2, Nursing Sister) in the month of October 2017. Applicants are requested to check their examination syllabus and pattern to prepare for online written exam for staff nurse at AIIMS Rishikesh Uttarakhand. The online application forms will be available till 10th October 2017. Get all details related to AIIMS Rishikesh Staff Nurse Syllabus 2017, Online Exam Pattern, Previous Year Staff Nurse Solved Question Papers PDF Download. All details related to this examination are available here. Check exam related information right on this page.
AIIMS Rishikesh Staff Nurse Syllabus 2017
About The Exam:- AIIMS Rishikesh is soon going to conduct online written exam (Computer Based Test (CBT)) for the post of staff nurse (nursing Grade-II) in the month of October 2017. The date of examination can be extended as the last of of application apply online is extended too. Many candidates have applied for this recruitment and now they have been looking for syllabus and exam pattern to prepare for this exam. We have posted full staff nurse syllabus and important tips and tricks to crack this exam. All get previous year solved question papers as PDF for staff nurse examination 2017.
- Click Here To Download AIIMS Rishikesh Staff Nurse Admit Card & Exam Date 2017
- Click Here For AIIMS Rishikesh Jobs & Recruitment
AIIMS Rishikesh Staff Nurse Exam Pattern 2017
- The examination will be online written test (computer based test).
- The duration of the examination shall be 3 hours (180 minutes).
- The questions will be of multiple choice questions.
- Each question carry 4 marks and there will be negative marking of 1 marks against each wrong answer.
- The qualifying marks in Recruitment Examination will be 60% for UR, 55% for OBC and 50% for SC & ST. (5% relaxation in qualifying marks for PH candidate in each category).
- Candidates, who qualify the written Examination, will have to appear for Skill Examination at AIIMS Rishikesh which will be of qualifying nature.
- Check below table for detailed aiims rishikesh staff nurse examination pattern.
|Subject||Number of Ques||Max Marks|
|Concerned Subject (Nursing)||150 Ques||600 Marks|
|General Aptitude||50 Ques||200 Marks|
|TOTAL||200 Ques||800 Marks|
AIIMS Rishikesh Staff Nurse Syllabus 2017
Concerned Subject (Nursing)
1. Anatomy & Physiology : Skeletal System, Muscular System, Cardio-Vascular System, Respiratory System, Digestive System, Excretory System, Nervous System, Endocrine System, Reproductive System and Sense Organs.
2. Fundamentals of Nursing : Nursing as a profession, Maintenance of therapeutic Environment, Nursing Process and Nursing Care Plan, Admission and Discharging of a Patient, The Dying Patient, Hygienic needs and Physical needs, Activity and Exercises, Safety needs, Elimination needs, Care and special condition, Meeting nutritional needs, Observation of Patient, Care of Equipments, Barrier Nursing, administration of drugs, Recording and Reporting.
3. First Aid : Meaning and Rules of First Aid Emergency situation such as Fire; Earthquakes; Famines; Fractures;Accident; Poisoning; Drowning; Hemorrhage; Insects bites; Foreign bodies Transportation of the injured, Bandaging and splinting, Immediate and later role of nurse
4. Medical Surgical Nursing : Role and Responsibilities of Nurse in Medical and Surgical Setting. Care of Surgical patient, Anesthesia. Diseases of Cardiovascular System, Gastro Intestinal System, Genito Urinary System and Nervous System. Disorder and Diseases of the Respiratory System, Musculo-Skeletal System. Blood Disorder and Blood Transfusion. Endocrine System, Metabolic disorders, deficiency diseases: Hyper and Hypo Secretions, Cysts/Tumors, Diabetes Mellitus, Obesity Gout. The diseases of skin, Ear, Nose and Throat. Diseases and Disorder of Eye, Intensive care Nursing. Common deficiency diseases, Prevalence in India, Early symptoms, prevention and treatment. Communicable Diseases: Virus, Bacteria, Zoonoses and Mosquito.
5. Psychiatric Nursing : Introduction, Community Responsibility, Diagnosis, Management and Role of the Nurse.
6. Community Health Nursing : Concept, Definition of Community Health, difference between:- Institutional and community health nursing, qualities and function of community health nursing, Aspects of Community Health Nursing, Demography and Family Welfare.
Health Team : Composition at Community Health Centre (CHC), Primary Health Centre (PHC); Sub-Centre. Role of Nursing Personnel at Various levels: Male & Female Health Worker, Heath Supervisor, Public Health Nurse, Public Health Supervisor, Vital Health Statistics. Health education and Communication skills.
7.Midwifery and Gynecological Nursing : Introduction and Definition, Normal Pregnancy, Prenatal care, Care and advice regarding diet in pregnancy, ante-natal exercises,Minor disorders of pregnancy and alleviation of discomfort.
Diseases associated with pregnancy Normal Delivery Preparation : Normal labor – First stage, Second stage and Third stage of labour, Nursing Management of Baby and birth, Nursing Management of mother during puerperium, Complication of pregnancy and its management, High risk pregnancy and its management, Labour Complications, Complications of puerperium and its management, Obstetrics operations, Drugs used in Obstetrics, Ethical and legal aspects related to midwifery and Gynecological Nursing, Fertility and Infertility Diseases and disorders of female reproductive system including breasts.
8. Pediatric Nursing : Concept in Child health care and role of Pediatric nurse in child care, The healthy child, The Infant, Disorder of Infant, Recognition and Management of congenital anomalies, Breast Feeding, Introduction of Solids, Pre and post Operative care and Preparation of parents for surgery of the infant child.
Diseases of Children : Etiology, Signs and Symptoms medical and surgical management, nursing care, Complication, diet, and drug therapy, prevention and treatment with diseases – Gastro-intestinal system, Respiratory System, Genitourinary System, Cardio Vascular system, Nervous System, Eye and ear, Nutritional Disorder, Communicable diseases, Hematological disorder, Endocrine disorder Child health Emergencies, Psychological disorder problems and the handicapped Child.
9. Professional Trends and Adjustment : Definition and criteria of Nursing profession, Qualities of a professional nurse, Personal Professional Growth and Continuing Education Career in Nursing, Professional related organizations: International Council of Nurse (ICN), Indian Nursing Council (INC), State Nursing Council, World Health Organization, UNICEF, Trained Nurse Association of India (TNAI), Red Cross Legislation in Nursing.
10. Microbiology : Scope and usefulness of knowledge of microbiology in Nursing, Classification of Micro-organisms and factors influencing growth, Sources of Infection, Portals of Entry and Exit of microbes, Transmission of infection, Collection of Specimens and Principles to kept in mind while collection specimen, Immunity, Control and destruction of micro-organisms
11. Psychology : Definition, Scope and importance for Nurses, Psychology of human behavior: Emotions, Attitudes, Frustration and Defense mechanisms, Personality, Intelligence and related Factors, Learning and Observation.
12. Sociology : Importance of Sociology in Nursing. The Socio-cultural and Economic aspects of the community and their effects in health and illness.
The Family: Family as a social institution and basic unit for health service, Basic needs of family, Advantages of Planned parenthood.
The Society: Concept of society, Rural and Urban Society, Social Problems, unmarried mothers, dowry System, drug addiction, alcoholism, delinquency, handicapped, child abuse, domestic violence, women abuse, Social agencies and remedial measures.
Economy: Resources of the country – Natural, occupational, agricultural, Industrial, etc.
Social Security: Population explosion – its effect on economy and the need for population control, Budgeting for a family, per capita income and its impact on health and illness.
13. Personal Hygiene : Maintenance of Health, Physical health and Mental Health.
14. Environmental Hygiene :
Water: Safe & wholesome water, Uses of water, Water pollution, Water borne disease and water purification. Air: Air pollution, prevention & Control of Air pollutions.
Waste: Refuse, Excrete, Sewage, Health hazards of these wastes Collection, removal and disposal of the wastes, Housing, Noise.
15. Computer in Nursing : Disk operating systems, Use of computer in Nursing, Internet & Email in Nursing.
a) General Intelligence & Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual Page 6 of 10 memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc. the topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, coding & decoding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, indexing, Address matching, Date & city matching, Classification of centre codes/roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thing, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics, if any.
b) General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
c) Quantitative aptitude: The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage. Ration & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ration, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency, polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
d) English: Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
AIIMS Rishikesh Staff Nurse Previous Year Question Paper PDF
- Staff Nurse Solved Previous Year Question Paper (Sample One)
- Staff Nurse Solved Previous Year Question Paper (Sample Two)
We will soon going to upload some previous year question papers for AIIMS Rishikesh Staff Nurse Online Exam 2017. Free practice sets and mock test will be available here. Kindly stay in touch with us for more updates. You can download previous year solved question papers right here or request them on your mail address.