MPSC Agriculture Officer Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2018:- The Maharashtra Public Service Commission will soon going to conduct written examination for the recruitment on 66 posts of agriculture officer and 4 posts of deputy director of agriculture. The exam will be conducted in the upcoming months of April or May 2018. (महाराष्ट्र कृषि सेवा पूर्व परीक्षा 2018- कृषि अधिकारी/ Krishi Adhikari). The selection of the applicants will be based on written exam, both prelims and mains, and personal interview at the final stage of selection. The last date to apply online for agriculture officer posts will be 27 march 2018. Those who have already applied for this recruitment can check out mpsc agriculture officer exam syllabus 2018, exam pattern and tips and tricks to prepare for this exam.
MPSC Agriculture Officer Syllabus & Pattern 2018
Note:- The official syllabus and exam pattern are not available on the official website of MPSC yet. The syllabus and pattern mentioned below is based on other exam conducted for the post of agriculture officer by various public service commissions.
About The Exam:- The exam will be conducted in 3 stages namely preliminary exam, mains exam and interview. The prelims is only qualifying in nature, and mains and interview will be done on merit basis.
Maharashtra Agriculture Officer Syllabus Preliminary Syllabus
- The question paper will have all multiple choice questions.
- The question paper will be divided in 4 sections namely, Marathi, English, Agriculture and General Studies.
- The total duration of the exam will be two hours.
- There is no mention of negative marking.
- Detailed exam pattern is mentioned below.
|Subject||Max Marks/ Questions|
MPSC Agri Officer (Krishi Adhikari) Mains Syllabus Pattern
Marathi Syllabus:- Tatsam & Tadbhav, Sandhi, Samas, Ras, Paryaywachi, Lokokti and Muhavre, Ling, Vachan, Kaarak, Kaal, Beloom, Anekarthi Shabd, Alankar.
English Syllabus:- Candidates ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested. Questions will be asked from error recognition, fill in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc), Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words, etc.
General Studies Syllabus:-
- General Science:- Questions related to wide range of scientific phenomenons. Basic laws, principles of physics, chemistry, and knowledge of basic human biology.
- History of India:- Economical, Social, Cultural and Political aspects of Indian History.
- Indian National Movement:- Indian freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
- Indian Polity, Economy & Culture:- Indian Polity including the Indian Constitution. Panchayati Raj and community Development, broad features of Indian economy and planning.
- Indian Agriculture, Commerce and Trade.
- Population, Ecology and Urbanization (in Indian Context).
- World Geography and Geography and Natural Resources of India.
- Current National and International Important Events.
- General Intelligentsia:- Comprehensible Reasoning, Venn Diagrams, Number Series, Coding and de-coding, Problem Solving Techniques, Statement & Conclusion type questions, arithmetic reasoning, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, syllogistic reasoning, Seating Arrangements.
- Special Knowledge regarding Education, Culture, Agriculture Industry, Trade, Living & Social Traditions of Maharashtra State.
Agriculture Syllabus (Graduation Level)
- Crop production and improved management practices
- Soil Science
- Plant Breeding, Seed Technology, Seed testing
- Crop pests and their management
- Plant diseases and their control
- Horticulture and forestry
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Energy Sources, Machinery
- Land surveying, water engineering and Green House Technology.
- SURVEYING AND LEVELING.
- HYDROLOGY AND SOIL & WATER CONSERVATION ENGINEERING.
- IRRIGATION AND DRAINAGE.
- RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES.
- WORKSHOP TECHNOLOGY.
- AGRICULTURAL IMPLEMENTS AND MACHINERY.
- AGRICULTURAL STRUCTURES & PROCESS ENGINEERING.
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES & COMPUTER BASICS.
MPSC Agriculture Officer Mains Syllabus 2018
The syllabus for the mains examination will be as same the preliminary exam. The main exam will be of 400 marks with time duration of 3 hours. More subjects, marks distribution will be notified here soon. The question paper will be given in both Hindi and Marathi language.
In case of any doubts and questions related to “MPSC Agriculture Officer Syllabus Pre- Mains Exam Pattern 2018”, please comment below so we can solve your question. Thanks.