OSSC BSSO Syllabus 2017:- Are you looking for Odisha Block Social Security Officer Exam Syllabus 2017. Well this page provide all the information related to syllabus and examination pattern to be followed in preliminary and mains exam for the post of Block Social Security Officer. Check out its examination pattern, detailed syllabus, and important tips to crack this exam.
OSSC Block Social Security Officer Syllabus 2017
About The Exam:- The Odisha Service Selection Commission has issued official recruitment notice (IIE-90/2017/3775/OSSC) for the post of Block Social Security Officer having the post code (BSSO/134). Candidates who are eligible to apply can apply after 9th Nov 2017. All details such as examination syllabus for prelims and mains, exam pattern is given on this page below. The selection process follows as:-
|Name of Exam||Max Marks||Duration|
|Preliminary Exam||100||1 Hour/ 30 Mins|
|Mains Exam||200||3 Hours|
|Computer Proficiency Test.||50||30 Mins|
- Click Here For All Details of OSSC Block Social Security Officer (BSSO) Recruitment 2017
- Click Here For Free Question Papers & Practice Sets For OSSC BSSO Exam 2017-2018.
OSSC BSSO Preliminary Exam Pattern
- The written exam will be of objective type questions.
- The total duration of prelim test will be 1 hour and 30 mins.
- The question paper will be provided in English and Odia language.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks against each wrong answer.
- The question paper will have 100 questions carrying one mark each.
Preliminary Syllabus For Odisha Block Social Security Officer Exam 2017
- Current Affairs – Regional (Odisha State), National and International.
- Odisha and its International Relations and Events.
- General Science; India’s achievements in Science and Technology
- Environmental issues and Disaster Management
- General Politics of India and the Odisha State.
- Economy of India and Odisha.
- Geography of India with a focus on Odisha State.
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Odisha.
- Policies of Odisha State.
- History of Modern India along with history of the state.
- Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation.
- Basic English/ Odia.
Note:- Candidates numbering up to 10 times the number of vacancies mentioned in the advertisement will be called on for main examination.
OSSC BSSO Mains Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- The main exam will be of objective type multiple choice questions.
- The total duration of the written exam will be 3 hours.
- There will be total 200 question of one mark each.
- The question paper will be of 200 marks.
- There will no negative marking in the mains exam.
- The question paper will be divided in 10 units and each unit will have 20 questions.
- Name of Units are mentioned below:-
- Basic Concepts of Social Work.
- Basic Concepts of Sociology.
- Basic Concepts of Physiology.
- Basic Concepts of Economics.
- Basic Concepts of Political Science.
- Human Rights, Social Legislation and Social Policy.
- Basic Understanding of Disability.
- Basic Managerial Skills.
- Emotional Intelligence.
- Ethical Underpinning of Social Security.
Computer Skill Test (CST) Pattern & Syllabus
Candidates who appear in the main examination have to go through computer skill test of 50 marks. The marks obtained in CST will be added with mains exam result and appear in the final merit marks. The question will be based on the basic computer knowledge, data interpretation and analysis, internet, email, file transfer, keyboard shortcuts, MS-Word, Excel, Windows Etc.
For any further questions and queries related to OSSC (Block Social Security Officer) BSSO Syllabus and exam pattern, please drop your questions in the comments section.