OSSSC Junior Clerk Syllabus 2017:- The Odisha Sub-ordinate Selection Commission (OSSSC) is going to conduct written examination for 765 post of Junior Clerk (District/ Circle Cadre). The written exam is expected to be conducted in the month of October 2017. The last date to apply online is already over and according to local Odia newspaper more than 2 Lac applicants have applied for Jr. Clerk vacancy. Candidates who have already applied for this recruitment can check out the examination syllabus, exam pattern, best online books to prepare for this exam and free previous year question papers to download free as PDF from here. If you willing to crack junior assistant exam then please read this article carefully.
Odisha Junior Clerk Syllabus 2017
About This Recruitment:- As per as advt number 40/2017-1125(C)/OSSSC, the odisha subordinate service selection commission has issued notification on 765 vacancies of Junior Clerk in various districts. Applications are invited from 01/08/2017 and last date to apply online was 08/09/2017. So, as you already know what it is, the application date is over and there are 100% chance that you have started your exam preparations. I got many queries where applicants have asked about best books for Junior Clerk exam. They have also asked about syllabus pattern and important subjects to prepare smartly. So I have done a lot of research on OSSSC Jr. Clerk exam. Read this post to know about a complete guide to success in this exam.
- Click Here For More Details On Odisha Junior Clerk Recruitment 2017
- Click Here For Latest OSSSC Jobs & Vacancy Go Here
- Click Here For OSSSC Supply Inspector Vacancy & Syllabus 2017
Examination Pattern For Odisha Junior Clerk Exam 2017
- The written examination will be conducted in two stages namely written exam and practical skill test.
- The written exam will have two papers namely Paper-I and Paper-II. Each paper will have two different part.
- The written exam will be of 385 marks out of which Paper-I will be of 180 marks and Paper-II will be of 200 marks.
- The standard of the written exam will be equivalent to intermediate level. This means question which they as will be equal or below the level of 12th board exam.
- I’m not sure about this negative marking scheme but I think there will negative marking in written test. If you know anything about this please put comments here.
- The question paper will be provided in Hindi & English both except question papers for English & Odia language.
- Below table shows complete exam pattern.
|Paper-I||Part-1: Language Test (English & Odia)||85||2 Hr & 30 Mins|
|Part-2: Objective General Knowledge||100|
|Paper-II||Part-1: Objective Mathematics||100||3 Hr|
|Part-2: Basic Computer Skills (Objective)||100|
Practical Computer / Skill Test:-
|Test Name||Max Marks||Time|
|Essay & Letter Writing In Odia||15||30 Mins|
|Basic Computer Skills (Practical)||50||1 Hour|
OSSSC Junior Clerk Syllabus (Subject-Wise)
Language Test (English & Odia):-
- English Language (50 Marks):- Verbs, Tenses, Active & Passive Voice, Subject-Verb Agreement, Connectors, Type of Sentences, Direct & Indirect Speech, Comparison, Articles, Nouns, Pronouns, Prepositions, Unseen Passage (400-450 words).
- Odia Language (35 Marks):- Grammar, Translation (One English Passage of 100 words should be translated to Odia), Comprehension of unseen prose passage (5 Questions).
Objective General Knowledge:- Current Affairs (State, National and International), General Knowledge of Odisha State, Major Financial / Economic News, Budget and Five Year Plans Sports, History Geography of India, Books and Authors, Awards and Honors, Science – Inventions and Discoveries, Abbreviations, Important Days, International and National Organizations are some related topics. This topic is huge and anything can be asked related to recent news and event happened in the county or all around the world. It is advised to read newspaper daily and current affair digest books regularly.
Objective Mathematics:- Arithmetical and Numerical abilities will cover Number Systems including questions on Simplification, Decimals, Square Roots, Fractions, L.C.M., H.C.F., Ratio & Proportion, Partnership, Percentage, Average, Profit & Loss, Discount, Simple & Compound Interest, Time & Work, Time & Distance, etc.
Basic Computer Skills (Objective):- Introduction To MS Windows (Operating System), MS Office: MS Word, MS Power Point & MS Excel.
Essay & Letter Writing In Odia:- One Essay & One Letter Writing in Odia Language.
Basic Computer Skills (Practical):- Windows (Create, Rename, Copy, Paste, Remove, Delete, Keyboard Shortcut, Etc). Formatting and editing in any one of the following program MS Word, MS Powerpoint, MS Excel, MS Word.
Important Books To Prepare For OSSSC Junior Clerk Exam 2017
Important Books To Prepare:- Here are some most recommended books which are advised by most of the authors to prepare smartly with appropriate time table and step by step preparation for the odisha junior clerk written exam. These books not only helpful in preparing for the exam but also gives important tips and tricks to crack exam.
- Objective General English (By R.S. Aggarwal)
- BK’s Odisha Objective General Knowledge (For All Competitive Exams OPSC, OSSC, ASO
- Objective Computer Awareness
- Fasttrack Objective Arithmetic Arihant Latest Edition 2018
- Drishti Current Affairs Today September 2017 (English)
If you have any question related to this “OSSSC Odisha Junior Clerk Syllabus 2017 | Books | Previous Year Ques Paper PDF“, then please ask us in the comments. We will reply to all on topics related to OSSSC Junior Clerk Exam 2017-2018.