RSMSSB Rajasthan Librarian Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2018:- The Rajasthan Subordinate & Ministerial Services Selection Board has invited application forms for the recruitment on 700 posts of Librarians (Grade-3). The online application forms will be available from 28 June and last date to apply online will be 27 July. The official recruitment notification is now available on the official website of RSMSSB which is (http://rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in). Applicants who are eligible to apply for this recruitment and looking forward to apply for this recruitment exam can check the latest Rajasthan Librarian Exam Syllabus & Exam Pattern to start preparing for the exam. The official exam syllabus will be posted soon on the official website.
Rajasthan Librarian Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2018
Note:- The following exam syllabus is based on the previous exam syllabus conducted for the post of Librarian in 2016 by rajasthan govt. The official syllabus and exam pattern could be different from it. We will update this rsmssb librarian syllabus and pattern soon as we get any update on official website.
RSMSSB Librarian Exam Pattern 2018
- The question paper will be of multiple choice questions.
- Minimum 40% marks are required to qualify in the written exam.
- Right answer will award 01 mark where as wrong answer will deduct 1/3 marks as negative marking.
- The total duration of the examination will be 3 hours.
- Detailed exam pattern in given in the table below..
|Name of subject||max marks||max ques|
|Library and Information Science & Basic Knowledge of Computer||200||200|
Librarian Exam Syllabus
Part 1: General Knowledge & Geography Related To Rajasthan State
Part 2: Library and Information Science and Basic Knowledge of Computer
- Foundation of library and information Science: Concept of library, information and society, Information society, Library as a social institution, Types of libraries: Academic, Special and Public, National library of India, Five laws of library science and their implications, Concept of information literacy, Library movement in India, Library legislation, Library acts in India, Intellectual property rights and law, Censorship, Extension activities and public relation work, Role and activities of I.L.A., IFLA and UNESCO and RRRLF, Library resource sharing.
- Library Classification and Cataloging: Definition, need, purpose and function, Notation: Types and qualities, Main features of Colon Classification and Dewey Decimal Classification Schemes, Principles of helpful sequence, General aspects of common isolates/ standard sub-divisions, Devices used in C. C. and D.D. C., Steps in practical classification, Library Cataloging: Definition, need, purpose and function, History of Classified Catalog Code and Anglo American Cataloging Rules, Kinds of entries: Main entry and added entries of Classified Catalog Code, Kind of catalog: Classified and dictionary, Physical and inner forms of cataloger, Subject cataloging and chain procedure, OPAc.
- Library Organisation and Management: General and scientific principles of management and their implication to library administration, Function of administration, Sections of a library: Acquisition section -Book selection, procedure and accessioning, Technical processing section (Classification and Cataloging of books), Periodical section, Circulation section: Newark and Browne, Maintenance: Open access system, care and repair (binding) of books and journals, Stock rectification and verification, Library display, Library rules, Library statistics, Budgeting.
- Reference Service and Information Sources: Reference and information Services: Need and purpose, Ready reference service, Long range reference, service, Initiation, Reference service in School and public library, Organisation, reference department, Qualities of a reference librarian, CAS and SDI, Information Sources: Need and types: Primary, secondary and tertiary.
- Basics of Computer: Introduction to computer-Characteristics, use, and types of computers, Computer generations, and computer architecture: Hardware, input and output devices, Software: Need, purpose and types, Operating system, Library software: Proprietary, Open source software, Role of library automation, Use of Internet in libraries, Electronic Resources: e-Books, e-Journals, databases.
Discuss “RSMSSB Rajasthan Librarian Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2018”
In case of any queries and questions related to “RSMSSB Rajasthan Librarian Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2018”, please ask the questions in the comment section below. All questions will be answered here as soon as possible.