The West Bengal Health Recruitment Board (WBHRB) has announced recruitment for staff nurse (grade-II) in the month of September. The board will going to announce exam date after the application process is over that is after 26 Sept. The recruitment will be done on regular basis but if the applications applied exceed the 10 times available posts, the board will conduct a written preliminary exam to select candidates for staff nurse interview. This post is about latest new West Bengal Staff Nurse Syllabus 2018, written exam pattern, type of question paper, and all info can be downloaded in PDF format. You can download WB staff nurse syllabus pdf from here and check the latest exam pattern to be followed for staff nurse grade 2 recruitment.
West Bengal Staff Nurse Syllabus 2018
WBHRB Staff Nurse Vacancy Details:- Below is the list of staff nurse vacancy details. All vacancies, categories are given below.
|Qualification Wise||No. of Vacancies|
|GNM||4067 (Female) 453 (Male)|
|Basic B.Sc Nursing||2293|
|Post Basic B.Sc Nursing||138|
|Other Erstwhile Requisition||649|
WB Staff Nurse Prelim Exam Pattern PDF Download
Note:- It should be noted the west bengal recruitment board has not announced the syllabus and exam pattern officially yet. The staff nurse exam syllabus and pattern mentioned here is based on the previous staff nurse examination conducted previously by the same board or in other state. We will update latest syllabus and pattern when it announce officially on wbhrb official website (www.wbhrb.in).
|Paper||Subject||No.of Ques.||Max Marks||Duration (Time)|
|Paper-I||General Studies and
- The questions will be of multiple choice questions.
- There will be 2 questions papers Paper-I and Paper-II.
- Both papers will be of max 150 marks with 2 hours 30 min duration.
- Both papers will be conducted in two different shifts.
- Question paper will be in English language. Other language not confirmed.
Detailed WB Staff Nurse Grade-II Syllabus www.wbhrb.in
Syllabus For Paper – I: General Studies and General Abilities
- Current Affairs – Regional, National & International.
- Indian Constitution; Indian Political System; Governance and Public Policy. Social Exclusion; Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc. and inclusive policies.
- Society Culture, Civilization Heritage, Arts and Literature of India and West Bengal.
- General Science; India’s Achievements in Science and Technology Environmental Issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies and Sustainable Development.
- Economic and Social Development of India and West Bengal.
- Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of West Bengal with special emphasis on West Bengal Statehood Movement and formation of West Bengal state.
- Moral Values and Professional Ethics in Education.
- Analytical Abilities: Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation.
- Basic English
Syllabus For Paper – II: Nursing
- Anatomy and Physiology : Introduction to Anatonical Terms; Organization of
body sells, tissues, tissues organs systems. Membranes and glands ;Skeletal
System; Bones – Types, Structures, Functions; Axial Skeleton; Appendicular
Skeleton; Joints – classification and Function; Muscular system; Cardio vascular system; Respiratory system; Digestive system; Excretory system;
Nervous System, Reproductive System, Endocrine and Sense organs
- Microbiology :The control and destruction of Microorganisms; Principle and
Method of Microbial control ; Sterilization; Disinfection physical, Natural,
Gases, Chemicals and used and preparation of lotions; Control spread of infection; Bio-safety and waste management
- Psychology: Psychology of human behavior: Dynamics of behavior, motivation and behavioral process
- Fundamentals of Nursing: Pharmacology; Administration of Drugs, Classification, Action, dosage of drugs, basic needs and care in special conditions: Case of patient with fever, unconscious patent, patent with fluid in
balance, patent with :dyspnoea, care of physically handicapped: therapeutic
diet in sick patient
- First Aid in Emergency situations: Fire, Burns, Fractures accidents. Poisoning, drowning, insect bites, Foreign bodies, bandaging and splinting.
- Community Health Nursing Process: Importance of the Community Health
Nursing process; Community identification, planning and Community Health Nursing care services; Immunization; Purpose and principles of Home visiting:; Early detection and management (minor ailments); Environmental factors contributing to Health Water; Safe, uses of water, waste, housing, noise.
- Normal dietary requirements and deficiency diseases of each of the
constituents of food: The Caloric, Balanced diet. Recommended daily allowances; Method of calculating normal food requirements; Low cost menu; Diseases caused by deficiency of protein, fat, carbohydrates, minerals and
- Medical Surgical Nursing Assessment : Health Assessment; Physical Examination; General clinical investigations ; Pre and post operative management of the patient immediate and routine; Post operative
complications; Nursing management of patient with – Respiratory, Gastro ,Intestinal , Genito, Urinary, Renal, Neurological, Connective tissues,
Endocrine AND Cardiovascular problems.; Role of a Nurse in emergency
- Medical Surgical Nursing II- Nursing management of patient with disorder and diseases of – Eye, Ear, Nose, Throat, Communicable diseases ; Oncological Nursing Management : Chemo Therapy; Radiation and Radical Surgery; Emergency and disaster Nursing
- Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing: Definition, Etiology signs and symptoms, Medical and Surgical Management of Mental Disorders; Psychiatric Nursing Management: Definition. Principles of Psychiatric Nursing.
Therapeutic nurse patient relationship.
- Pediatric Nursing (Child Health) :The Health child –Infant, toddles, pre schools. School age, adolescent :Behavioral disorders and Common Health problem during childhood their prevention, Medical and Nursing Management: Infancy ; Early childhood; Middle childhood and Later childhood
- Midwifery and Gynecological Nursing: Genitourinary system of male and
female reproductive system; Menstrual Cycle; Nursing Management &
Pregnant Women – Physiological changes in pregnancy, signs and symptoms
and investigations of pregnancy; Disorders of Menstruation – Amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea
- Community Health Nursing II: Specialized Community Health Services and
Nurses Role; School Health services; Geriatric Nursing; Demography, and family welfare; Vital Health statistics
- Professional trends and adjustments: Legislation in Nursing; Legal Hazards in Nursing; Health laws and regulations effective Nursing in India
- Administration and ward Management: Elements and principles of Administration
Discuss WBHRB Staff Nurse Syllabus 2018 | WBHRB Exam Pattern
If you have any questions related to “West Bengal Staff Nurse Syllabus 2018 | WBHRB Exam Pattern PDF Download“, you can use the comment box and ask your question right here. We will answer your questions right here on this page.