TSTRANSCO Sub-Engineer/ Electrical Exam Syllabus Pattern 2018:- Transmission Corp. of Telangana Limited Vidyut Soudha, Hyderabad (TS-TRANSCO) is going to conduct written examination for the post of 174 Sub-Engg/ Electrical in the upcoming of February 2018. Applicants who have already applied for this recruitment can check out their examination syllabus and latest new pattern for the written exam for Sub-Engineer post. Read the following post carefully to know more about exam syllabus and pattern for TSTRANSCO Sub-Engineer/ Electrical [SE-AE] Exam 2018.
TSTRANSCO Sub-Engineer/ Electrical Syllabus & Pattern 2018
Exam Date:- 25-Feb-2018 @02:00 PM – 04:00 PM
About The Exam:- As per notification, Transmission Corporation of Telangana Limited (TSTRANSCO) invited application forms for the post of 174 Sub-Engg/ Electrical. The exam will be conducted on 25th of Feb 2018. Candidates who have already applied for this recruitment can check out their examination syllabus and pattern.
Sub-Engineer/ Electrical (SE) Exam Pattern
- The test is of two hours duration.
- The date and time will be indicated on the Hall ticket.
- The candidates have to report 30 Minutes before the examination venue.
- The test will be of objective type with multiple-choice questions with only one answer
being correct among the four alternatives suggested.
- There will be total 80 questions of max 80 marks.
- The section A consisting of 65 questions on Diploma in Electrical Engineering and the section B consisting of 15 questions on General Awareness and Numerical Ability.
- No confirmation has been made on the negative marking in the written exam.
|Name of Subject||Max Marks / Ques||Exam Duration|
|Diploma in Electrical Engineering||65 Questions||2 Hours|
|General Awareness and Numerical Ability||15 Questions|
Detailed TS-TRANSCO Sub-Engineer/ Electrical Syllabus 2018
Section-A: 65 Marks.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
I. ELECTRICAL MACHINES:
- TRANSFORMERS: Emf equation of single phase transformer, operation of transformer on load, equivalent circuit, vector diagram, open-circuit and short-circuit tests, voltage regulation, losses and efficiency, all-day efficiency, parallel operation of single-phase transformers with equal voltage ratios. Voltage and current relations for three-phase transformer connections. Principle of operation of auto-transformer. Cooling of power transformer, Operation of Buchhloz’s relay.
- D.C. GENERATORS AND MOTORS: Expression for emf equation of D.C.Generator, armature windings, armature reaction, types of generators, characteristics. Torque equation of D.C.Motor, characteristics, speed control, starters, losses and efficiency. Testing of D.C. Machines.
- THREE-PHASE INDUCTION MOTORS: Constructional aspects of cage and wound rotor types of induction motors, expression for torque, torque-slip characteristics, full load torque, starting torque and maximum torque, effects of variation of rotor resistance; losses and efficiency; different starting methods; speed control methods.
- SINGLE-PHASE INDUCTION MOTORS AND COMMUTATOR MOTORS: Constructional features and operation of single-phase induction motors: split phase, capacitor and shaded pole types. Principle of operation of A.C. series motor, universal motor, Schrage motor.
II. SWITCH-GEAR AND PROTECTION:
- FAULTS AND SWITCHING APPARATUS: Short-circuit calculations; fuses and isolators; circuit breakers: theory of arc interruption and different types of oil circuit breakers; lightning arresters and their selection and location.
- PROTECTIVE RELAYING: Basic requirements of protective relaying, primary and back-up protection; classification of electromagnetic relays and their principles of operation; time current characteristic curves; induction type over-current relay, distance relays; Merz price protection, differential protection of transformers, bus bar protection.
III. TRANSMISSION :
- LINE CONDUCTORS, LINE SUPPORTS AND SAG CALCULATIONS: Different types of line conductors, conductor sizes commonly used for different voltage levels, Types of line supports, factors influencing the selection, cross-arms; spans, conductor spacing and ground clearances. Sag calculations and stringing charts.
- TRANSMISSION LINE PARAMETERS: Determination of inductance and capacitance of round and parallel conductors in single phase and three-phase symmetrically spaced lines.
- PERFORMANCE OF LINES: Choice of voltage; short, medium and long lines; calculation of sending-end voltage, regulation and efficiency for short lines; nominal and nominal-T methods; Ferranti effect; corona: critical voltages and factors affecting corona.
- INSULATORS AND SUBSTATIONS: Different types of insulators: Pin type, strain type, suspension type and relative merits; voltage distribution across string of suspension insulators, string efficiency and methods of improving arcing horns. Equipment used in substations, bus-bar arrangements.
- CABLE AND DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS : Comparison between overhead lines and under ground cable. Types of cables, insulation resistance; localization of cable faults. Primary and secondary distribution; Feeders and service mains; radial and ring systems of distribution.
IV. MEASURING INSTRUMENTS AND ELECTRIC CIRCUITS:
- MEASURING INSTRUMENTS: Indicating instruments: deflecting, controlling and damping torques, pointers and scales; ammeters and voltmeters: moving coil, moving iron, dynamo-meter, induction types; instrument transformers: C.T and P.T., Watt-meters and measurement of power in three phase systems by two-wattmeter method; measurement of energy: Energy meters; M.D. indicators; trivector meter.
- ELECTRIC CIRCUITS: Fundamentals of alternating current quantities, sinusoidal waveform; average and effective values; J-notation for A.C quantities; polar form; single phase series and parallel circuits; impedance triangle, phase, power factor. Active and reactive components of power; series and parallel resonance. Three phase star and delta balanced systems.
V. UTILIZATION OF ELECTRICAL ENERGY:
- ELECTRIC DRIVES: Factors governing selection of motors; matching of motors with given loads; electric braking; rating of motor; types of enclosures; motors for particular drive.
- ILLUMINATION: Definitions of commonly used terms and units; types of lamps; requirements of good lighting; laws of illumination; terms like : depreciation factor, utilization factor, waste light factor, luminous efficiency, specific energy consumption, space height ratio.
- ELECTRIC HEATING AND WELDING: Requirements of good heating materials, materials generally employed, resistance heating; electric furnace; induction heating; dielectric heating welding generator and transformers.
Section-B: 15 Marks.
General Awareness and Numerical Ability
- Analytical & Numerical Ability
- General Awareness
- Related to Telangana Culture & Movement
- Computer Knowledge.
For more queries and questions related to “TSTRANSCO Sub-Engineer/ Electrical [SE-AE] Exam Syllabus Pattern 2018“, please join the discussion and comment below to get help from our expert panel. All latest updates and news regarding the syllabus and pattern will be updated here soon.